Support Center

RGB and YUV color space

Last Updated: Jun 23, 2015 12:07PM CDT
RGB (0-255) and YUV (16-235) are two different systems used to communicate color from the source (i.e. a BluRay player or a computer ) and the device used to display the imange (monitor, projector). The YUV color space is commonly used for television, while RGB is normally used for computers.
YUV is an older color space and lacks the range that RGB provides, but the widespread and still in use for most entertainment media. YUV (16-235) is commonly calld "TV level" while RGB (0-255) is referred to as "PC level"
It is important to remember that the color space used is determined by the source, not the device used to display it.
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found